A wonderful additional skill to add to your basic knowledge, would be a Barista qualification. Steward/esses often make dozens of Barista quality coffees per day, and having knowledge of how to prepare the perfect Espresso and milk foaming will be an asset on board any yacht.
- Duration: 3 days
- R 3 800.00 (price subject to change)
Improve your barista skills and knowledge by joining this wonderful hands-on training. Pour and brew coffee at a professional level with our 3 day in-depth coffee theory and a hands-on brewing experience.
- Coffee theory and history
- Equipment introduction — grinder, espresso machine, brewing equipment
- Grinder calibration and maintenance
- Hands on espresso extraction
- Understanding espresso — grinding, tamping, dosing, pouring, drinks
- Perfect espresso pour and drink recipes
- Milk Preparation — steaming, pouring and basic latte art
The course includes a complimentary cup of coffee on arrival, a notebook and pen, take-home barista guide. This course takes place in Cape Town and Johannesburg, and if you take the course at the Cape Town branch, it also includes lunch each day.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.